Professional Digital Certificate
For professionals who need a qualified digital signature.
Qualified Professional Signature
These types of certificates are intended to identify a person who plans to sign documents and authenticate them before third parties, including mentioning the entity/organization and in case you wish to identify the quality (function or position) of the holder in the organization.
There are two types of professional qualified certificates, one that contains the identification information of a person, the organization to which he/she belongs, and his/her function/position – Professional Quality (e.g., person x of the organization y has the quality of manager or commercial director). And another that contains only the identification of a person and the organization to which he belongs – Professional Individual (e.g., person x from organization y)
For those who sign as a professional of an entity:
- To sign mentioning the position in a certain entity/organization
- To submit proposals on the Public Procurement Electronic Platforms
- To sign proposals, contracts, and other documents mentioning the position in an entity/organization.
- To sign documents for the Court of Auditors
When do I need the Professional Quality Certificate?
- I am a manager of a company and I want a certificate, which includes my position, to sign on a public contracting firm
- I am a manager of a company and I need to sign contracts for the company with a certificate bearing my title
- I want to sign proposals with a certificate stating that I am a company administrator
- I am a manager of the company and I need an electronic signature stating my position in the organization
- I need a certificate to sign as an administrator
- I am a manager of a company and I need to compete in a public tender
- I am an administrator of a company that is bound by the signature of two administrators
- I am a manager of a company and I need to sign documents for the Court of Auditors
- Sign with the personal data and company data
- Submit documents to IMPIC
- Sign documents for the Court of Auditors
When do I need the Professional Individual Certificate?
- I need a certificate to sign containing only my personal and company data
- I want a certificate to sign documents for the Court of Auditors and which only contains my personal data and those of my company
- I need a certificate containing my personal data and that of my company to sign documents for the Court of Auditors
- I want a certificate to sign at IMPIC which only contains my personal data and those of my company
- I need a certificate containing my personal data and those of my company to submit documents to IMPIC
Documentation required for issuing qualified professional certificates
- Contract of issuance of the Certificate signed by the certificate holder / representative and legal person (s) of the entity (*)
- Permanent Certificate or equivalent documents (See here which ones)
- Cross copy of identification documents (Identity Card, Citizen Card, Passport) of the holder, certificate representative and the entity´s legal responsible person
(*) Signed with:
- Qualified electronic signature by the holder and legal representatives
- Qualified electronic signature by the holder and qualified electronic Seal qualified by the entity
- Handwritten signature recognized in person by a lawyer, notary, or solicitor- Handwritten signature according to the identification document made in person at Multicert facilities
What do I need to get the Certificate?
For more details, consult here the documentation needed to issue your Certificate and clarify your doubts regarding the acquisition and use of Digital Certificates.